Who should attend
- Banking and finance professionals
- Sharia scholars and lawyers –
- Banking regulators –
- Fund and asset managers
- Academics and students
- Central bank authorities
- Anyone interested in Islamic finance
Objectives of the Course
1- To enable students to comprehend the basics and key concepts of Islamic Banking and related environment along with the practices of Islamic Banking.
2- To provide knowledge and comprehension of Islamic Banking at the postgraduate level and provide an in-depth understanding of the subject;
3- To provide an Islamic Banking program equivalent to post-graduate level through a face-to-face modular learning method;
4- It aims to provide students with:
-The opportunity to develop an understanding of key theories and practices of Islamic Banking and critical skills required for tackling challenges facing the industry ;
-The practice for practical implementation of acquired knowledge and comprehension of Islamic Banking on the complex critical issues arising in the Islamic Banking sector;
-The chance to augment critical Banking skills and personal development to act proactively and make decisions, along with working with self-direction and originality.
Knowledge and understanding in the context of the subject cover:
- The ability to integrate new knowledge and apply it to the new and complex situations
- The development and operation of banking for products and services
- The use of financial statements for business applications
- Customer focus on expectation, service, and orientation
- The management and development of people resources and operations
- The development of adequate skills to tackle change management, knowledge management, and risk management.
- The ability to think and analyze critically and be quick, along with solving problems and decision making
- The ability to implement and review decisions
- The ability to create, identify and evaluate
- The ability to integrate theory and practice
Subject-specific practical /professional skills
- The ability to develop banking products and services through research design, data collection, analysis synthesis, and reporting
- The understanding and use of Sharia concepts
- The use of Islamic banking terminology and concepts with accuracy
- Understanding organizational communication at all levels
General Transferable Skills
- The ability to work in teams and effectively contribute to them
- High personal management skills; crises management, time management, self-reflection, and the ability to go up on the learning and experience curve
- Using information and knowledge effectively
Qualities, Skills, and Capabilities Profile
The training goals of the program seek to promote and demonstrate the following qualities, skills, capabilities, and values in the student.
The students will be able to:
- Critically review and evaluate business argument and evidence;
- Investigate and come to conclusions based on complex business issues;
- Interpret and analyze business and management theories for a range of business situations.
The students will be able to:
- Examine and evaluate business situations;
- Work effectively with business information and materials presented in an electronic environment;
- Take initiatives;
- Discuss and deliver presentations on business issues.